SPECIAL TO THE REGISTER
The MCHS Alumni Foundation is pleased to announce the Inductees to the 2020 Hall of Fame.
The Inductees to be recognized are
• Dr. William J. Bowen, Class of 1972
• Dr. Benjamin R. Coleman, Class of 1994
• Pamela (Whaley) Dagestad, Class of 1968
• Dennis D. Horn, Class of 1953
• Judge William C. Hudson, Class of 1997
• Captain Hubert A. (Butch) Locke (Deceased), Class of 1959
• Matthew R. Seaton, Ed.D., Class of 1996
• Dr. Michael E. Seifert, Class of 1996
The first Hall of Fame induction was held in 1982 in conjunction with the 100th anniversary of Mt. Carmel High School. The second Hall of Fame was held in 1983 and in 2007, the MCHS Alumni Foundation brought back this valuable program of recognizing the many students who graduated from MCHS and have gone on to achieve many great accomplishments.
The MCHS Alumni Foundation has made the decision to postpone the 2020 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, which was scheduled for Saturday, October 10th, to be held during the 2021 Homecoming Weekend.
The other activities normally held throughout the Homecoming Weekend have been canceled as well due to the COVID-19 virus. The Alumni Foundation will be conducting its 50/50 drawing fundraiser to support this year’s project of creating a Military Hall of Fame to honor any student who attended or graduated from Mt. Carmel High School and made the ultimate sacrifice. More information on the Military Hall of Fame and the Foundation’s 50/50 ticket sales will be announced next week.