ALLENDALE — The Allendale School Board Meeting approved a number of measures for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Adopted the 2019-20 amended budget. It shows a budget with operating funds revenue of $1,586,955 and operating funds expenditures of $1,487,664.
- Employed Mr. Terry Harper to conduct the 2019-20 school audit.
- Appointed Superintendent Bowser as the district Authorized IMRF Agent for the 2020-21 school year.
- Approved a Risk Management Program for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Adopted the Student Handbook, Student Conduct Code, and Internet/Computer Network Usage documents for 2020-2021.
- Approved to discard obsolete/excess equipment.
- Approved School Board Policy updates to Section 2 — School Board, Section 3 — General School Administration, Section 8 — Community Relations.
- Tabled for further discussion the expansion of the current Sports Co-op.
- Employed Mr. Britt Shepherd as the district bookkeeper for the 2020-21 school year.
- Reassigned Kila Garrett from Part-Time Special Education/Part-Time Paraprofessional to Full-Time Special Education Paraprofessional.
Discussion of an expanded Sports Co-op with St. Mary’s School stands out as an intriguing topic.
This would likely entail the merger of additional sports, such as volleyball. But as mentioned, it was tabled for further discussion. Could that signal for a further partnership coming between the Rockets and Yellow Jackets?